Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Prayer for the Day

Father, 

I know that I haven't been really spending much time with You lately, and I know that there's no excuse for that. I'm sorry that I keep telling myself to prioritize my time with You, and I still fail to do so. I apologize for such a lousy commitment of putting You first, always. Things get in the way, but I should really put in more effort into spending more time with You. Lord, You know my heart, and for certain things You already know, I apologize for them. I know better, I know what You want for me, I have come to accept a long time ago, and all I long to do is just obey You. Lord, I ask that You please give me the strength not to stray from the path that You want for me. Lord, please. You know that I am not able to do things alone. Lord, You know that for every time that I try to do things on my own, if I try to do things apart from You, I will fail. 

Lord, You know my heart, You know my desire to follow You. Lord I just pray that I will forever choose to follow You, put You above everything and everyone else.

Lord, I would also like to lift up my sisters in Christ to You, those who've been going through difficult times - whether it be because of school, family, or heart matters, I pray that they (and myself) would always remember to draw our strength from You. You are an everlasting source of strength God, and You never fail. I pray Lord for sustenance and for consistencies in our lives - to be consistent in our walk with You, in growing deeper in love with You. I pray Lord that our faith in You will become stronger with every challenge that You throw our way. Father, I know that You will help us be closer to You. Lord, we will always find our joy in You, we will only be completed by Your love. Thank You Father, for being the God that You are. For being a God who loves, a God who cares, and wants the best for us. 

You are amazing, Lord. 

In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment