Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 46: I Do Believe that God has a Sense of Humor

Whoever said that God doesn't have a sense of humor have obviously never experienced it for themselves.

I always find it amazing when God uses His humor to speak to me, and I find it funny in an ironic, "seriously" kind of way. What I mean is, He has a way of speaking, through messages, that literally have happened in my life. Take yesterday for example. 

Yesterday, I went to Messiah - originally to sit in on the Philosophy class, that ended in staying there for their 'Chapel Time' (went there too early, and agreed to help him with his English stuff in the afternoon). The message yesterday was honoring God through faith and obedience. It was actually a pretty good message, which turned to greatness the moment he reached his last point - which was obedience. This was the example that the pastor gave: suppose God is asking you to give up something - maybe not a sin per se. Maybe God is asking you to give up your boyfriend or your girlfriend because God wants them for Missions at ayaw mong sumama. 

I started snickering at the back, I am not kidding. :)) And really, all I can really say to God is: Yes Lord, thank You always for reminding me of this. I laugh at it now, but I know that deep inside, God really is sovereign over my life and I thank Him for all the things that He's done in my life - especially the past several months. I know that they have made me stronger and caused me to trust in Him more. 
Although things certainly aren't as bad as they were before, I know that I still have a long long way to go before I can say that I am completely over it. I've stumbled, but I continue and will continue to hold on to God for support. 

God has done amazing things in my life, and will continue to do so - my life's journey isn't over yet, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment