Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 42: Just the Small Things

I'm just thankful for a a quiet time spent with my dad. I know that I've been complaining a lot about him lately, how he and my mom may have separation anxiety issues, but I know when to be a grateful child. I know my dad can be quite overbearing sometimes, that he'd really rather be the one to pick me up and drive me to any event of my life. Today, it wasn't as though I was even expecting him to watch with me, I mean, it was only 2pm then when he picked me up, so I thought that he'd go back to work after dropping me off at home. So it really was a surprise when my dad said he'd be the one to bring me to the movies and watch HP7 :')

Ok, it seems really shallow, but it's been painful to be a fan such as myself and only see this movie 3 weeks after it's release. It's kind of shameful ok? :)) BUT. Better late than never, so I really am so happy that I finally, FINALLY saw this movie. Even though I never wanted it to end, even though I cried like a baby watching it, even though this movie meant the end of my childhood - it was the best time I've had in a long time. Thank You Lord, for giving us this day, thank you papa for bringing me to watch this movie, thank you Jo Rowling for the most magical 10 years of my life. 

Papa, thank you for spending some time with you today, a day that neither of us are too stressed or are on edge. :) Thank you for everything, for being a great provider and a good father. :)

This is my wish: "May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice!" -- Proverbs 23:25


I wish that I bring joy to my parents by being their daughter. :)

P.S. Lord, please still continue to guide my heart. The risk is always there, but I know that that risk is nothing compared to how great you are. Guard my heart and let You be the one that I will always put first. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment