Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oy, heavy heavy stuff

A friend and I agreed that we'd do devotions on the Book of Malachi together. Although he already warned me how heavy it was going to be, I wasn't quite prepared for the messages it contains. Already in chapter 1, God uses the word hate and says it again in chapter 2. I don't know, I guess it came as a shock for me as I've only ever known God to be loving, kind, faithful, merciful, forgiving and many more good attributes. I know he hates sin and evil, but I never quite thought that He'd hate Esau.

So I don't know the entire story. But based on what I know, Jacob was the one who wronged Esau. He was the one who stole Esau's inheritance then ran away from home when he found out that he has an extremely pissed older brother out to get him.I don't know. Maybe Lance Hahn is right and that we're too immature to fully understand God's reasons for doing things or for hating them. 

Man, I don't really know what to think or how exactly I feel about this. It's a bit a lot to take in, and I suppose it's shows just how much I still don't know about God. And my greatest fear right now is to be turned off by God. I mean I know the Israelites have done plenty of nasty, selfish and inconsiderate things. But right now, it just seems to me that God's a little... I don't even want to say it. I feel like I should scrub my brain clean just thinking about it and going there. 

Ugh. I wish God and I would just talk face to face.. Then again, maybe not so soon, I'd still like to do some things with my life. ahe. But I do want to talk to Him. Well, I guess maybe I should go and do it. :)

God bless everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment