Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Your Love That Has Saved Me

"but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what the Father has commanded me" - John 14:31

Tonight, I used the discipling book that has been given to me as a material for my devotions. The first lesson for this module is not only knowing God's will, but seeking it with all that we are. When I was a kid, so much younger than I am now, every time that we're asked if we'd be willing to give up control over our lives to God I'd say yes. I wasn't sure if it was naivety or something else entirely, but I guess part of the reason why I said that instantaneously is because I was a kid. The biggest decision I've had to make then was to decide what I'd eat for lunch or dinner. So I thought then that decisions would be easy if they were always similar to the ones I have and might help me bail me out. :)

I guess, it has only been recently that I'v somehow gotten God's will - although perfect beyond comprehension is still difficult. I want to love God more, I want to follow him. Though I know that there shouldn't be any excuses, it's only that as though God's plan for us is to deliberately takes us out of our comfort zones. And it'll be scary - just not as scary as knowing. I suppose this is where faith and trust comes in. 

Those two are the first things we do when we accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior. And yet, those two are still one of the more difficult ones to do perfectly.

Following God's will involves humility, humility in knowing that we don't know the best, only God does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment