Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 6 - Also Known As the Sudden Epiphany

During the time when things have just ended between him and I, I felt like Bella Swan in New Moon. And yes, I was quite horrified about comparing myself to such a pathetic character. It was horrible of course, feeling so miserable and how each breath you take is painful. The biggest similarity that we both shared was that every day since things ended, I only wanted to take back the decision and be with him again - torturing myself with checking his facebook page out and looking through pictures of us. Yes, it was quite pathetic. 

But that was it.

While she never made any effort to get over him - as a matter of fact, even the moment she got out of her zombie state and started doing things like a normal human being again was in an effort to hear Edward’s voice in her head - I’ve made that conscious decision to get back up and start respecting myself. I made the choice - to be normal again, to go back to my old self when I didn’t need a boy to make me feel loved. To make the conscious effort to be happy again, even if there will be times that it would certainly be difficult - I move forward anyways because I know in the end, it will all be worth it. To know that at the end of the day, this experience will just make me wiser and stronger. 

So just as Harry chose to be in Gryffindor even though the Sorting Hat told him he’d do really well in Slytherin, I choose to move forward, move on with my life because I believe that I deserve to be happy.

Always be happy. Never stop praying. Give thanks whatever happens. This is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus. - 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment