Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mandatory Year Ender Post

As I write this, I have neighbors going wild with the fireworks, firecrackers, horns, and all the other loud things commonly found during New Year's Eve. Disclaimer! I won't write about New Year's Eve or how much I dislike the noise it comes along with it. Mostly, this post is about how colorful this year was.

I think, my posts from early this year up until a couple of months back showcase this emotional roller coaster I was on. Was. I thank God because He has delivered me from this. This year has been full of so many challenges, heartbreaks, and tears. I probably cried more this year than I have in my whole existence. I have experienced tremendous pain, but I've also experienced so much blessings and happiness. It was difficult, no doubt about it, but pushing through the pain, learning to depend on my God more, believing that He's got my back 100%.. It's all worth it. 

This year has been such a great test of faith for me. I didn't even think at first that I was going to make it. But God has a funny way of reassuring us that whatever it is, He'll pull us through. I thank God because He is a great, sovereign, and wise God. He knows what He's doing. He had put me through a tough refining, and it's proven me that I am certainly made of tougher things. I didn't realize that I was drifting away from Him until this year happened and He pulled me closer to Him. And if that entailed being a little worse for wear, then it's fine. Because in the end, it's not about us, it's about God.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future -- Jeremiah 29:11


As for 2012, God has placed in my heart the desire to disciple, and a heart for missions - not to be a missionary, but as a support. I don't know what God wants to do with these desires - but I hope He flourishes them into something meaningful. Ever since I started with the discipleship program, I knew for certain that I wanted to be a discipler myself. I pray that God will equip me as I start to disciple. Here I am Lord, send me! As for having a heart for missions, I think that instead of sending me out on the field and being a full time missionary, God has instead, placed a desire in me to play a supporting role. To be more specific, to help the missionaries who have their children with them, and can't really pay much attention to them because of being out in the field all the time. (Well, I don't really know how it works, but I'm all for it as long as I get to work with children.)

It's exciting, I suppose, 2012. I say, bring it on. Whatever 2012 has in store for me, I'm sure that there's something to be learned every single day. Here's to another year everyone. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment