Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Making Prayer Intentional

Dear Lord, 

I know that they told us that when praying to You, there's this guide or format that we're encouraged to follow: ACTS. I mean, that's how Jesus prayed to You right? But, I wonder. Would it be bad if it were less formal than that? Is there a wrong way or praying to You? Because I kind of feel more comfortable with talking to You as a friend. I know of course that You're God and You require the utmost respect and reverence, but I just think that sometimes, I'm not myself when I follow ACTS.

Do I maybe, have a wrong concept of how my relationship with You should be? If I do, then I'm scared. Dear God, I know that You understand me better than everybody else in the world. So I'm hoping that You aren't taking this the wrong way and that You know exactly where I'm coming from. But as for now, I think I'll just go follow the guide that Jesus said is the way that we should pray.

Heavenly Father, most gracious, loving, and holy - You are a God that is too good: for sending Your one and only Son for us, for loving us, for being the most faithful person that I have ever met. You are a merciful God, but also a Holy God, so dear Lord, forgive me for my shortcomings. I humble myself before You, O God, because I know I have this pride in my heart, and an impatience for all sorts of things. Lord, I know that this does not please You in anyway. So chip these imperfections away dear God. Help me to walk in the way of Your Son, to be more like Christ in all aspects of my life. Father, I actually don't know why I'm irritable towards a person. Maybe I'm envious or maybe I think it's getting to be a bit annoying, so Lord I ask for forgiveness from this. Also, I don't like this other person for reasons that You already know, for reasons that I've already divulged with You, a few others, and most especially with that person. Lord, it's difficult, and frankly, I'm not very successful in it. But I think that the best thing to do for me is to steer clear away from that person and to just remind myself that You also died for them. It's so difficult, Lord, and I know that this is my pride talking now. Break me Lord, if needed be. Take this pride away from me.

Yet despite all of these, I thank You because even as the sinner that I am, You've stuck by me through whenever. And this year, Lord, You have blessed me with quite a year. I am truly grateful for all the things that You've taught me all year round, of the way that You've transformed me - both emotionally and mentally. Lord, I thank You because You made yourself truly known to me this year. I thank You because though You've broken me, You've also made me stronger. And I know with a certainty, dear God, that You can make seemingly impossible things happen. Truly, I am in awe of You.

Right now Lord, I won't ask for any supplication. I just wish and hope to honor and praise You each day.

You are awesome God. In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment