Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ate Alyssa

I'm gonna have to start getting used to being called that by the younger kids. Ha. Today marks my first day as a ygroup leader. I have to say, it is one of the best things that God has allowed me to do.

I hope I wasn't the only one that felt anxious and scared when asked to lead a group of adolescent girls (boys for others) starting this year. So I was, but after this morning, the excitement overpowered the fear. 4 ygroup leaders, 19 incoming HS freshmen: 12 boys, 7 girls - my 7 girls. Of course, I'm still going to think that at some point I'm going to say something wrong and inevitably ruin a child's life. But, I'm learning to just leave that part up to God. I pray that I would be a clear enough tool to convey His message. 

Hee. I just can't believe that God has blessed me so much; and I'm just so thankful. I'm thankful to the One who saved me - in more ways that just the cross. Knowing and remembering everything that He's done and have continued to do in my life, I can do nothing but give Him all the praise.

Dear God,

Thank You for being a wise, loving, and generous God. Thank You because all things work through You. Lord, I just can't help but remember what You told us - ask and we shall receive. If it was Your will - if it was compatible with Your will - You wouldn't deny us the desire of our hearts. So I asked Lord, and You gave it to me in Your perfect time. I am just grateful, and so filled by the desire to serve You. Thank You God for the 7 girls that compose my ygroup. I've only gotten to know most of them today, but God I am excited to know each of them more. With Your guidance, I pray that I would be able to minister to them well.

Father, I am ecstatic about this new part in my life and I just pray God that I refrain from anything that would mess it all up. Lord, I just thank You for the opportunity as well as the privilege that You've given for me to serve You. I pray God that as I become this leader that You want me to be, that my relationship with You will only grow stronger. I pray for each one of my girls, I ask that they will all learn to enjoy spending time with You - something that You still continue to teach me. I pray for their relationship with You, and I pray that You would just provide them with the desire to obey You, follow the same path as You did and be righteous alongside You.

You have blessed me so much through this Lord, and I just can't thank You enough. 

I love You, God.

In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment