Friday, December 3, 2010

Gideon I

After reading chapter 6 of Judges, specifically the chapter of Gideon's calling, I am with these questions: Is it wise to ask God to keep on proving his self to us? Isn't that what faith is for? 

Although, I understand of course. If I would to suddenly hear a disembodied voice or see God's angel face-to-face, I' probably be just as scared as he was, maybe even more. But that would only be a natural reaction to a supernatural experience. Gideon was threshing wheat for goodness sake. He was minding his own business when all of a sudden, this angel comes up to him and practically says: "How you doing?" Granted, if it was any other person, they probably would have had the same reaction as Gideon did. 

But that wasn't all, when Gideon was a bit certain that the angel was a messenger of God, he asked God if He could do things for him, like a vendo machine. Having read this, I really thought: Kapal naman ng mukha ng lalaking 'to. He kept on asking proof from God, and I just thought: He's God. What other proofs do you need to know? Only now do I understand that if I were in his situation, I'd also like to make sure I'm not going crazy. When he asked the angel what God has been doing now that He sees how his people suffers, it just goes to show just how many years have passed since God has brought the Israelites into the promised land. It's something that they know, sort of like a legacy, but had never experienced for themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment