Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Realization

Moving on after a heartbreak is a real test of patience. You cannot tell the pain that you feel to go away when you can't bear it anymore. If you say, lumayas ka na ngayon!, you will be met with deafening silence. The pain won't budge unless you've completely dealt with it. 

As I've come to understand and accept, I am FAR from being anywhere resembling 'fine' or 'good'. 

No one teaches you how to deal with a situation like this. What they do, rather, what they tell you to do is to avoid situations like them. What was the phrase... Prevention is better than the cure. But then a heartbreak's sort of like cancer right? If detected earlier, there's a higher chance of preventing it from spreading. There's no known cure, just ways to subdue the cancer from spreading further - like chemotherapy. How apt. To 'cure' a heartbreak, one will first have to feel really crappy. In the end, it doesn't even give a hundred percent guarantee that you no longer have the disease. Heartbreaks are just like cancer - just when you thought it was over, it finds a way to mess with your head and your heart all over again.

Anyway, I digress.

Patience is something that I need to work on. I just never thought that God would give me this situation to work through with time. It seems impossible, but I know I'll get through it. I know that I did the right thing, even though it feels horrible now. I obeyed, and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment